- Shall hold a bachelor's degree or higher and the required Kentucky certificate for the assigned position (Head Start Preschool requires IECE certification).
- Shall demonstrate the ability to work effectively with students, peers, and adults.
- Shall demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and faculty.
- Demonstrates professionalism.
- Designs/plans instruction and learning activities.
- Creates a learning climate free from harassment.
- Introduces/implements/manages instruction.
- Assesses learning and communicates effectively.
- Collaborates with colleagues, parents and other agencies.
- Demonstrates a current and sufficient academic knowledge of certified content areas.
- Demonstrates implementation of technology in teaching and learning.