This position plans and provides instruction to students based on state, District, and school curricula and requirements, and based on the students’ social and other formative needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Creates developmentally and linguistically appropriate and challenging learning experiences.
- Develops lessons that are accessible and culturally relevant based on individual students’ strengths, interest and needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Utah Core Standards and references them in short- and long-term planning.
- Incorporates disciplinary-specific literacy skills into instruction to purposefully engage learners in interacting with content knowledge.
- Develops learning experiences that engage and support students as self-directed learners who internalize classroom routines, expectations and procedures.
- Collaborates with students to establish a positive learning climate of openness, respectful interactions, support and inquiry.
- Utilizes positive classroom management strategies, including the resources of time, space and attention effectively.
- Valid State of Utah Professional Secondary Teacher License and a Physical Education endorsement for subject(s) taught, an Associated Educator license or a license from another state that is transferrable to Utah.
- Professional communication skills including, but not limited to: excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities; and empathic listening and persuasive speaking skills.