Under general supervision, teaches one or more classes to students in grades to students in the area for which a NC teaching license is held. The employee is required to plan, organize and present instruction and instructional environments that help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development.
- Teaches North Carolina Standard Course of Study/ Common Core and Essential Standards for assigned grade.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and presenting instruction and instructional environments which help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development.
- Conducts lessons or instructional activities as a brisk pace, appropriate to
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior required to provide an orderly and productive classroom environment.
- Instructs students in proper care and use of materials and equipment storage areas and controls use of materials and equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
- Evaluate s each student's performance and growth in knowledge and understanding, and prepares progress reports.
- Selects and requisitions instructional materials, books, equipment, etc., and maintains inventory records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of research best practices.
- Understanding the growth and development of students to which he/she is assigned.
- Knowledge of students ' growth, development, and learning.
- Skilled in assessment and using its data for teaching and learning.
- Ability to meet the needs of all learners.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Ability to perform general clerical duties.
- Ability to maintain order and discipline in a classroom
- Ability to operate common office machines and technology.