Educate students by planning, developing, and delivering a course of study according to student learning objectives, district/building curriculum guidelines and student assessment data.
- Develop and implement effective lesson plans and instructional materials that allow students to utilize and practice higher level thinking skills.
- Provide for large and small group and individualized instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in learning activities and instruct and monitor students in the use of such.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development and provide appropriate feedback on work, utilizing methods such as assigning and grading class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Continually assess student progress, and implement effective lessons to meet individual student learning needs as determined by student assessment data.
- Provide opportunities for students to self reflect and track progress toward learning goals.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Demonstrates an awareness of common core state standards and state graduation requirements.
- Demonstrates interest, willingness and background to fulfill extra and/or co-curricular positions.
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively within a comprehensive student activities program.
- Possesses multiple endorsements.