The Teacher fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by guiding, inspiring, and educating students in a loving, Christ-centered environment. The Teacher is to be immediately responsible to the principal for the carrying out of policies of the school and the Archdiocese of San Antonio as they relate to the function of the school, the classroom, and the immediate contact with students and parents.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Supports and adheres to the policies and procedures of the school and Archdiocese of San Antonio, including the Religious Standards for Catholic School Employees
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters
- Adheres to safety training and protocols on a daily basis, and takes precautionary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of self, others.
- Responsible for protecting the confidentiality of any information or material obtained in the service with the organization to include but not limited to client names and information, services rendered to clients, donors names and gifts, internal and external investigations or results of any investigations, and financial information.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 12 credit hours in education courses or a valid, appropriate state certificate, as outlined in the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department standards.
- Technology proficiency in the areas of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and internet use for educational purposes and multimedia presentations.
- Demonstrated competency in the subject assigned area(s).