The job of Teacher (K-12) is done for the purpose/s of planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
- Single subject teaching credential or certification if teaching a specialized subject.
- State certification.
- Relevant teaching experience.
- Knowledge of relevant technology.
- SEI Endorsement required.