To facilitate student comprehension and application of concepts, skills and behaviors that contribute to the development of mature, able and responsible member of society. To ensure continuous improvement in state and national performance levels to prepare students for college and careers in a global society, and at every level, performance is on-track and on-time for success.
- Ability to implement 21st Century Skills into the curriculum.
- Ability to work a full duty day in the location or locations assigned.
- In order to maximize student achievement, teachers should be able to assess student abilities as related to desired educational goals, objectives and student outcomes.
- Plans and employs a variety of appropriate instruction/learning strategies and activities which are compatible with the physical facility but serve the needs and capabilities of the students.
- In order to provide a general environment conducive to the learning process, the teacher should be able to manage the behavior of learners in the classroom and participate in the management of student behavior in other parts of the school.
- Continually communicates to students and parents (either in writing or verbally) instructional expectations, student progress or lack of progress.
- Meets the employment qualifications set forth by the Kansas City, Kansas Board of Education and the Kansas State Department of Education.
- Kansas teaching certificate in area of instructional responsibility.
- English as a Second Language endorsement preferred or be committed to obtaining that endorsement.