- Establishes and (as necessary) adjusts instructional goals and objectives, to reflect district/school goals, curriculum policies, and the knowledge, skills, progress, and needs of one's students.
- Designs lessons that provide opportunity for problem-solving, creativity, and communication skills in relation to authentic, real-world problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards for behavior that foster student self-discipline and positive relationships among students.
- Commits to on-going professional development in content area and pedagogy.
- Plans learning activities to address individual differences among students.
- Develops, administers, and evaluates quality formative and summative assessments that reflect a balance of content knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Monitors, and evaluates students' progress in relation to district/school curriculum and policies and other planned goals and objectives.
- Required certification: Physical Education (044), PK-12; Master's degree preferred.
- Three years' successful teaching experience in an urban setting preferred.
- Experience in the use of educational technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.