Under general supervision of the principal and/or designated administrator, plans and implements an instructional program and provides related educational services for students in grades 6-8. Manages student behavior, assesses and evaluates student achievement and modifies instructional activities as required. Carries out a variety of student monitoring and control activities; performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Assess student abilities as related to desired educational goals, objectives, and outcomes. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Plans appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate principles of learning, classroom organizational structures, and level of materials.
- The teacher implements an instructional program which provides appropriate learning experiences for each student.
- The teacher manages the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure the environment is conducive to the learning process and the teacher assists and participates in the management of student behavior in other parts of the school and grounds.
- Coordinates instructional activities and collaborates with other professional staff both school and non school based as required to maximize learning opportunities.
- The teacher utilizes a variety of instructional materials and available multimedia and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Requests assistance of and works with resource personnel as needed.
- Minimally requires the teacher to possess a Bachelor of Arts degree with an education minor/major.
- Four year degree in area of major study.
- Must have obtained the endorsement in said area or have had coursework in said area within the previous ten years.
- Teachers at the middle school level (secondary 6-8) may teach in a self-contained or departmentalized setting. The teacher needs to hold a certificate valid for the grade level (Type 03, Type 09 or Type 10) and must comply with the middle grades requirements/endorsements for the departmentalized subject, or the individual must have met prior requirements.