- Developing rigorous lessons in your specific content area, in 1:1 blended learning environments, in order to reignite your students for college and beyond while bridging gaps for marginalized communities.
- Setting ambitious goals with your students and monitoring their progress while encouraging them through frequent and persistent feedback.
- Tracking student growth and using data and feedback from coaches to create student growth plans when needed for student achievement concerns.
- Building transformable relationships with students and families by providing regular, and consistent, communication with parents via phone or video conference, email, or district-approved website.
- Creating a physical or virtual classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Collaborating with co-planner to work through daily lesson plans and add resources when needed to fit students’ needs.
- Meeting regular deadlines for daily lesson plans, submitting grades, and work samples.
- Working on a team of teachers and leaders to provide consistency, support, and accountability to all students.
THE MUST HAVES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Texas Educator Certification, or willing to join ACP to get certified.
- Strong ability to navigate web-related applications and technology.
- Ability to instruct students using a variety of technology applications and platforms.
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools.
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback.
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
YES Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.