Ascent Classical Academies is currently hiring a physical education teacher for its Douglas County campus. Ascent Classical Academies are dedicated to the intellectual and moral betterment of students and encourage teachers to take their own moral and intellectual improvement seriously as part of a supportive and excellence-driven culture. At Ascent Classical Academy charter schools, well-educated and articulate faculty utilize direct instruction to convey real knowledge to students using traditional teaching methods. Teachers enjoy a wide array of resources as they create their own lessons within the content-rich curriculum to engage students in a positive and virtue-imbued learning experience in the liberal arts.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Demonstrated mastery of the relevant academic discipline.
- For co-curricular teachers, a bachelor’s degree in the subject taught; or at a minimum 36 hours of higher education credit in the subject area of instruction. (Additionally, a passing grade in a content exam may be required.)
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education.
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education.
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision.
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful.
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies.