Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with endorsements or required training for subject/level assigned.
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district curriculum and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Teach the TEKS/SE as set by the Texas Education Agency and district curriculum, and present curriculum in accordance with guidelines, policy, and regulations.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs and capabilities of students and incorporate technology in the teaching and learning process
- Collaborate with other staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods in accordance with district requirements.
- Analyze and disaggregate data to assist in meeting the academic needs of students.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for instructional aides and/or volunteers.