The Teacher is responsible to provide an appropriate educational atmosphere which encourages positive student learning and to participate in a dynamic setting with other classroom teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists and other staff members in the development and implementation of the school’s
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with administrators and instructional teams to plan and implement hands-on lesson plans for students.
- Diagnoses and analyzes for the purpose of providing appropriate instruction.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
- Assesses student progress in accordance with the approved procedures of the Diocese of Orlando;
- Utilizes classroom management techniques conducive to an effective classroom climate.
- Participates in the Diocese of Orlando Diocesan Catechist Certification Program and in the school-sponsored professional development programs.
- Cooperates with the principal and staff members in school-related meetings, activities and projects.
- Maintains accurate student academic records and attendance records.
- Maintains a safe, orderly and secure learning and working environment.
- Participates in the performance review based upon the implementation of the general responsibilities of a professional educator in a school.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college that is recognized as acceptable for Florida certification.
- Must hold or obtain a Professional Certificate in subject area taught within three years of hire.
- Documented progress towards certification must be made within the first year of hire and filed in school personnel file; otherwise teaching contract cannot be renewed.
- Must hold or obtain Faith Fit Enrichment Certification in Levels 1, 2, and 3 within three years of hire and continue ongoing enrichment.