- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets with the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Supervises students in order to protect the students from conditions harmful to learning and/or to the student's mental and/or physical health and/or safety.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, District policy and administrative regulation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of subject content.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software skills.
- Ability to plan and implement a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Ability to devote additional hours beyond the workday for grading papers, preparation of lesson plans, etc.
- Ability to manage students.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.