The Physical Education Teacher provides high quality, personalized education program in general children's physical education within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in establishing a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
- Under the general supervision of the principal, coordinate physical activities aligned with State Standards.
- Refine and differentiate physical education activities based on student needs, capability, interests, performance level, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve practices throughout the school; share best practices.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families about activities and student progress.
- Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education.
- Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with lead teachers, and principal.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Aspire Public Schools.
What You Will Bring:
- Ability to coordinate organized games and exercise activities for students.
- Knowledge of child development and various learning styles.
- Ability and willingness to implement best practices.
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve practices.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community.
- Computer and Internet search skills.
- Bachelor Degree.