A BVSD teacher demonstrates a strong knowledge of the curriculum and content area while positively impacting student achievement through innovative instructional strategies and effectively managing the learning environment.
- Facilitate learning experiences and teaches the course of study as outlined by the District approved curriculum; utilizes innovative and differentiated instructional strategies to meet individual needs and motivate students; and plans and develops an engaging, age-appropriate course of study in the classroom using the approved District instructional model and adhering to state and school district curriculum guidelines.
- Utilize a Data Driven Instruction and Inquiry (DDI) model to systematically improve student learning; assess student proficiency using formal and informal assessment tools; differentiate assessments based on individual needs; provide timely feedback and targeted interventions; plan and consistently deliver instruction that draws on results of student assessments; anticipate student misconceptions and plan lessons accordingly; report grades.
- Create and foster a safe, inclusive, and respectful learning environment in which all students see themselves represented in the classroom and understand the behavioral expectations; implements procedures and routines that maximize student learning; respond to student misconduct in a respectful manner using restorative practices; actively seek a variety of perspectives; demonstrate mutual respect for peers and adults in a variety of contexts; and communicate and involve parent/guardians in all aspects of their child’s education.
- Create and support a culture of equity and inclusion that values, accepts, and understands diversity and the impact of culturally responsive practices.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license or have licensure application in process with appropriate endorsement in: Physical Education (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.