Tanque Verde Elementary School is seeking a Physical Education Teacher. This person will work with students grade K-6. We are seeking someone with the ability to effectively manage the learning environment, prepare lesson plans, instruct students, evaluate and monitor students' performance in order to advance student achievement.
Example of Duties:
- Stimulate in each student a desire to learn, to promote critical thinking and to foster creativity.
- Plan lessons and units to ensure all instruction has an effective design for achieving stated objectives and outcomes.
- Organize and maintain the classroom or learning environment in an orderly manner to promote the maximum potential in each student.
- Assess students’ progress, expectations, goals, etc., for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Monitor student activities (e.g., classroom, lunch, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of the students.
- Evaluate written materials to include written assignments and tests. Analyze student progress and course curriculum.
- Inform parents of student progress. Advise parents of instructional methods that may assist student. Inform parents of school activities.
- Work for the improvement of the quality of own teaching, maintain ethical standards in professional relationships, and work for the improvement of teaching as a profession.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Must meet Arizona State Department of Education requirements in respective subjects such as: Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language.
- Possess a valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Proof of completion of Structured English Immersion provisional endorsement criteria.