IDEA Physical Education teachers instruct students in grades PreK-5 or 6-12 in all physical education aspects. The physical education program strives to develop students' personal fitness and skill-related abilities. The program reinforces students' understanding and application of fitness concepts and motor skills through a variety of movement forms.
- Implement IDEA curricula and assessments to meet ambitious expectations.
- Enhance students' disposition toward leading a physically active lifestyle.
- Submit weekly lesson plans two weeks in advance for feedback.
- Implement formal and informal fitness assessments to track each individual student’s progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update gradebook weekly.
- Communicate students’ fitness progress with student and family on a weekly basis.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment.