The person in this position is under the general supervision of the building administrator and is responsible for teaching PE to students in grades 9-12.
- Current Oregon secondary teaching license;
- PE endorsement;
- Demonstrated positive classroom management skills;
- Ability to capably implement District curriculum and state standards;
- Knowledge and skills in instruction / learning methods and techniques;
- Ability to meet the Junction City School District Standards of Competent Teacher Performance and the Oregon Standards for Professional Educators;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues, support staff, administrators, students, parents, and patrons.
- Successful PE teaching experience;
- Secondary teaching experience;
- Demonstrated ability to coach HS level Wrestling;
- Experience with Professional Learning Community Model;
- Knowledge and experience in teacher effectiveness, effective school practice, and discipline techniques;
- Experience utilizing Positive Behavior Support system.