- Prepare and deliver lessons in physical fitness with the ability to modify accordingly during the school year.
- Maintains required inventory records on all physical education equipment.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction.
- Completes safety checks on all equipment and gym/field areas to ensure the over-all safety of students.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Utilize research-based best practices in daily planning and classroom instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom.
- Create a positive classroom environment for students to learn in.
- Utilize school approved curricula that reflects the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students.
- Implement school-wide culture expectations and norms.
- Active and current state teaching license in Physical Education in the state of Ohio.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
- High level of comfort working in a growth-focused coaching environment based on frequent observations, debriefs, action planning, and progress monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to properly manage confidential information.
- Able to supervise students of various ages in different school settings (playground, cafeteria, etc.)
- Ability to pass federal and state criminal background checks.
ACCEL Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer – it is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Each applicant for employment is considered solely based on job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, veteran status, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.