Normandy School Collaborative is seeking a Physical Education (PE) Teacher tosupport the cognitive ability for the student to improve developing knowledge as they grow. The Classroom Teacher is the one who plans for and guides the learning process to help students achieve objectives required within the yearly studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet regular and predictable attendance requirements in accordance with district policy.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Implement useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures that can help determine how each student is improving
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience teaching in urban school environment is a plus.
- Missouri Teacher Certification appropriate for level and/or subject area of assignment.