Under the direct supervision of the Principal, the Athletic Coordinator develops and implements grade-level athletic programs and directs and coordinates a full range of athletic department services and programs and maintains the safety standards of the school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model and promote good sportsmanship.
- Recruit and train coaches for each sport offered by the school.
- Ensure all coaches, scorekeepers, Snack Shack volunteers are in compliance with volunteer requirements.
- Attend school, league, and division meetings.
- Schedule, notify, and host meetings for coaches.
- Coordinate with parish, school, and other entities (e.g. Parks and Recreation Department) to secure facilities for practices and games. Oversee scheduling of practices and scrimmages.
- Accept responsibility for the safety and well-being of each child participating in the sports program.
- Register players for the school sports program.
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.