To create a flexible instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils, to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
- Complies with the Code of Ethics of the Education Profession; upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives, regulations, GISD school board policies, as well as local, state and federal regulations.
- Acts as a positive role model for students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the sources provided by the district.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon requests of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior established by administrators and teachers.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives distributed by the district.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree.
- TESOL Endorsement, (Exception: Teachers Licensed to teach Vocational Education, Visual Arts, Music, PE, Pre-Kinder and ROTC.
- Valid New Mexico Teaching license.