Under general supervision, plans, organizes, and presents instruction and instructional environments which help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches North Carolina Standard Course of Study/Essential Standards.
- Provides learning experiences and teaches the course of study prescribed by the District approved curriculum.
- Develops and uses instructional materials suitable for verbal and/or visual instruction of students with a wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturity.
- Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and motivate students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student control required to achieve effective participation in all activities.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students and keeps appropriate records.
- Provides appropriate instruction and activities for students to meet school/district policies, goals, and objectives.
- Communicates with parents through a variety of means.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and possession of strategies to teach a wide variety of learners.
- Requires the ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural, or composite characteristics of data, people, or things.
- Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information. Includes receiving instructions, assignments, and/or directions from administrators.
- Requires the ability to read a variety of correspondence, reports, handbooks, forms, lists, etc.
- Requires the ability to prepare correspondence, simple reports, forms, instructional materials, etc., using the prescribed format.