- Demonstrates proficiency in planning developmentally appropriate, research-based instruction that addresses Kentucky's learning goals and outcomes for students.
- Creates and maintains a learning climate that supports student learning outcomes.
- Implements developmentally appropriate, teaching and learning activities that will implement the curriculum.
- Assists in the administration in implementing Board policies, and administrative regulations, and school rules governing student life and conduct, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure.
- Evaluates specific teaching/learning situations and communicates to students and others (documents, progress through anecdotal records, student-teacher conferences, and portfolios).
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Kentucky certificate, license, or other legal credential required.
- Experience and such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.