Under administrative supervision, the classroom teacher for Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8, or a combination thereof, establishes and maintains a program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student’s individual need and ability while instructing and engaging all students in learning activities designed to promote social, emotional, and intellectual growth.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates qualification and competency with area of assigned instruction.
- Effectively communicates content knowledge and applications in area of assigned instruction.
- Designs and implements instruction in compliance with prescribed district curriculum and objectives.
- Utilizes instructional tools and applies instructional strategy of current best practice.
- Communicates with parents positively, professionally, and regularly including parent teacher conferencing.
- Engages students in whole group instruction, small group instruction, and individual instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student conduct and control required to achieve full participation in all activities.
- Credentials: Valid IL teaching license with proper endorsements.
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree including coursework to meet credential requirements.
- Experience: Student Teaching, Internship, or Previous Employment in Teaching Position.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.