Athletic Performance/Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for implementing, conducting and monitoring strength and conditioning of all student-athletes. They are to assist with rehabilitation or injured student-athletes. Also assists in the management of the strength and conditioning facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements, conducts and monitors strength and conditioning programs for all Saint Peter’s University student-athletes who participate in the University’s 16 sports programs which develops the physical strength, endurance, flexibility and agility of the athletes.
- Coordinates student-athlete rehabilitation with sports medicine; assists with rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Assists with coordinating and maintenance of weight room/strength facilities; assists in identifying and purchasing needed strength and conditioning equipment; assists in scheduling weight room training for the various athletic programs.
- Assists with implementation of a comprehensive nutritionals program to uniquely address the personal goals for student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with both male and female athletes at a Division 1 level. Preferred experience working with both men’s and women’s basketball programs. Current First Aid certification. Current AED and CPR Certification.
- Must have SCCC (Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified) and CSCS (National Strength and Conditioning Association) Certification.