Instruct students in the specific area of specialty; help students learn subject matter and skills that will broaden their learning experiences and contribute to their development in order to meet high expectations; communicate with parents; create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; participate in professional learning.
- Follows the scope and sequence of the instructional program as defined and approved by the Norwalk Board of Education.
- Set and reinforce clear expectations and routines.
- Manages the classroom and individual student behavior to maintain an advantageous learning environment.
- Prepares lesson plans that achieve clear objectives, uses appropriate techniques, and serves the needs of all learners in the classroom.
- Demonstrate strong content knowledge.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required.
- Conducts parent/teacher conferences.
- Assesses student learning on continual basis and identify areas of intervention if needed.
- Active CDE Certification in Physical Education PK-12 (044) and Health (043) required.
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Norwalk Board of Education may find appropriate.