The physical education teacher is the primary instructional delivery for student health and wellness, and fitness and growth. The educator collaborates with school team members and provides strategies and supports for increasing student movement and fitness within the regular classroom.
- Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm with a genuine passion for teaching all learners.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a student-centered classroom.
- Facilitates student's physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels.
- Provides engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps build a health and wellness foundation for students.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness using the Oregon Core Standards.
- Implements Oregon Core Standards with rigor, purpose, and planning.
- Provides maximum participation for all students; differentiates as needed to ensure all students experience success.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree.
- Must hold a valid Oregon Teaching License with a Physical Education Endorsement. Licenses as determined by the District including, a valid Oregon Driver License and ability
- to obtain a valid CPR/First Aid card.
- At least one year of physical education teaching experience at the level of application or student teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with students and the public in a school setting.
- Student teaching also applies.