Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the District.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior and report to the appropriate administrator information about individual student compliance with school and district behavioral expectations, and state and federal laws.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the District's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives. Reading training/background preferred with a strong knowledge of Response to Intervention and Common Core State Standards.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Illinois licensure with Middle School Physical Education and Middle School Health endorsement(s) required.
- Ability to work with all levels of students to differentiate instruction in Physical Education and Health.
- Knowledge of the college readiness skills and experience with common core standards are preferred.
- Team work and collaboration are required, along with reflection and a desire to continually improve your practice.