The K-8 Physical Education teacher will work with staff to develop the whole child- body, mind, and soul. We offer a comprehensive curriculum in our Catholic faith, literacy, math, science, social studies, art, music, physical education, and technology. Whoever is hired will teach K-8 physical education and have other duties.
- Be an actively practicing Catholic.
- Licensed teacher for physical education in Minnesota. An endorsement to teach health is not necessary but preferred.
- Support children's learning through developmentally appropriate educational practices, assessments, and hands-on experiences.
- Committed to academic excellence and a willingness to meet the educational needs of the individual student.
- Demonstrate the ability to support the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth of each student.
- Create a meaningful, functional and inviting learning environment.
- Utilize technology in the classroom for teaching and learning.
- Work in partnership with teachers, classroom assistants, specialists, and support staff.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, staff members, and the community.
- Demonstrate a commitment to on-going professional development.
- Model a professional, respectful, and positive attitude.
- Complete or have completed the Essential 3 Safe Environment requirements of the Archdiocese.