To instruct students (in grades Prek-8) with the knowledge and skills of related physical education activities in a positive environment that promotes healthy lifetime healthy lifestyles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Inspire and motivate students to achieve the maximum of their capabilities in learning new skills.
- Encourage each child and help them to develop a sense of worth, dignity, purpose and self-discipline.
- Implement various programs designed to achieve the educational objectives of the District.
- Seek assistance from building level administration and/or the program coordinator, as may be necessary, particularly in areas of student misbehavior.
- Keep accurate records for each student as may be required by the program coordinator, the principal, and the district.
- Requisition at the building level instructional materials and supplies as they are needed / required.
- Attend meetings called by the program coordinator or building principal.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- Professional Educator License with Physical Education Endorsement and/or Health Education Endorsement.
- Must Be NCLB Highly Qualified.
- The ability to enhance true physical and social-emotional development of the child in relationship to the four components of fitness
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, public and community relations, academic competence.
- Applicants must possess effective behavior management skills.
- Applicants must be able to structure a classroom to maximized student learning.