To instruct students (in grades Prek-8) with the knowledge and skills of related physical education activities in a positive environment that promotes healthy lifetime healthy lifestyles.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
1. Professional Educator License with Physical Education Endorsement and/or Health Education Endorsement
2. Must Be NCLB Highly Qualified.
3. The ability to enhance true physical and social-emotional development of the child in relationship to the four components of fitness
4. Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, public and community relations, academic competence.
5. Applicants must possess effective behavior management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning.
2. Inspire and motivate students to achieve the maximum of their capabilities in learning new skills.
3. Encourage each child and help them to develop a sense of worth, dignity, purpose and self-discipline.
4. Implement various programs designed to achieve the educational objectives of the District.
5. Seek assistance from building level administration and/or the program coordinator, as may be necessary, particularly in areas of student misbehavior.
6. Keep accurate records for each student as may be required by the program coordinator, the principal, and the district.
7. Requisition at the building level instructional materials and supplies as they are needed / required.