What You'll Do:
- Under the supervision of a classroom teacher, assist with planning and executing small group instruction in a class to reinforce lesson objectives, prepare homework assignments, correct student assignments and track student data
- Implement classroom systems and routines in order to manage behavior and maximize student learning
- Actively participate in professional development sessions and working with lead teacher, principal, instructional coaches, etc.
You'll Be Qualified If You Have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Passing score on the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST) or basic skills equivalency preferred.
- Ideal candidates for the Instructional Assistant role are recent college graduates who are interested in pursuing a career as an educator.
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.