- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to swim.
- Possess or be able to obtain water safety instruction and/or senior lifesaving certificate from the American Red Cross within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must possess a valid Alabama Driver’s License and be able to obtain an Alabama School Bus Driver’s License/CDL within the first twenty-four (24) months of employment. Applicant must be able to be insured by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Work cooperatively as a team with other school personnel to best serve the student(s).
- Deal with emergency situations in a calm and logical manner.
- Use tact and friendliness with parents and all other non-staff personnel.
- Transport and chaperone student(s) to, from, and while on field trips and other trips.
- Attend departmental meetings, school-wide meetings, in-services, training sessions and workshops provided.
- Perform lunch duty in office and cafeteria as needed.
- Perform bus duty as needed which involves supervision and assisting with ensuring students get on the correct bus and medicines are distributed to the bus driver/aide.
- Supervision of students in ISS (In School Suspension) and/or other locations as needed.
- Assist with extracurricular activities, especially those assigned to the department.