ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitates student learning for the purpose of achieving success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined lesson plan.
- Manages/supervises student behavior in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, common areas, playground, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Adapts classroom work and instructional delivery for the purpose of providing students with instruction that meets their learning style.
- Administers testing programs and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels.
- Communicates with parents and/or legal guardians regarding student progress for the purpose of engaging stakeholders in the students’ education.
- Collaborates with staff and community partners for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes and achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school’s improvement plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in job-related area, required.
- Job related experience, required.
- Coaching experience, preferred.
- Physical Education Missouri Teaching Certificate K-6, required.
- Ability to gain and maintain “Highly Qualified” status as defined by Missouri’s Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, required.