Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved physical education curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal physical education learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Follow “coaching” model of PE instruction; focuses on tennis, soccer, martial arts or specifically related subjects.
- Promotes a PE environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Maintains visible charts, graphs and other forms of documentation of student progress in the PE room; regularly updates progress visually in the room
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of elementary school physical education curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.