This position is responsible for physical education and health classroom instruction and training to secondary students of the district.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated both individually and collaboratively.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students using data-driven decision-making.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
- Prepares for assigned classes and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to students for all lessons and units.
- Uses a skills-based (standards focused) approach to teaching and learning (skills focused vs game focused).
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of individuals or student groups involved.
- Collaborates with administrators, colleagues and parents in a positive and productive manner.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree; Missouri teacher certificate in secondary physical education.
- Ideal candidate will also hold secondary health education certification.
- Ideal candidate will have a professional and friendly demeanor with a demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of individuals in a fast-paced environment.