ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administers developmental testing programs, subject specific assessments, etc. for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals (e.g. behavioral, motor development and communication skills, academic needs, vocational abilities, etc.) for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
- Bachelor's degree in job-related area, required.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Physical Education Missouri Teaching Certificate 9-12, required.
- Ability to gain and maintain "Highly Qualified" status as defined by Missouri's Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, required.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Clearance, the results of which must be satisfactory to the District, required.