- Creates and maintains a safe, welcoming, and constructive physical education environment and health classroom for all students.
- Builds positive relationships with students to enhance instruction and contributes to the overall climate and culture of the school building.
- Plans and executes comprehensive and engaging, social studies courses based on state standards and district curriculum maps.
- Uses updated pedagogical practices and techniques to engage learners in Social Studies curriculum.
- Selects up to date and relevant resources that enhances learner understanding and help makes content material relevant to students.
- Utilizes current grading practices to accurately communicate mastery to students and parents.
- Ensures modifications and accommodations are in place for students to access Social Studies curriculum.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in area of certification.
- Experience working with students of middle/high school age preferred.
Mascenic Regional School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.