- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction to students.
- Develop class outlines and establish guidelines for various courses; prepare lesson plans and supplemental teaching materials; schedule classroom activities and select appropriate texts.
- Encourage a variety of teaching strategies to foster critical thinking and clinical applications.
- Develop and prepare tests to evaluate student academic and clinical performance; grade and record individual scores.
- Review available instructional materials; estimate time, materials, and equipment required for various assignments; submit requests for materials, supplies and equipment to program director.
- Supervise the use of and operation of various instructional equipment; provide instructional demonstrations on mechanical machinery or other equipment as appropriate; develop laboratory assignments to provide hands on experience as appropriate.
- Professional skills, knowledge and attributes within the Health & Fitness Science profession.
- Classroom and laboratory instructional techniques and procedures.
- Principles and procedures of academic and instructional techniques and procedures.
- Current trends, research and development in the area of assignment.
- Principles and techniques involved in test development and administration.