Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or related training and work experience for certification waivers under the District of Innovation Plan (DOI).
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned.
- [Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate].
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.