The District has approximately 800 students and is located in north central Michigan. Currently, 17% of our students qualify for special education services and about 2/3 of our students qualify for free and reduced lunch. Roscommon Elementary School serves early childhood preschool students aged 3 -5 years old and students in kindergarten through third grade.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with the district provided curriculum. Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Establish classroom a structure that values positive relationships through intentional implementation of the district curriculum.
- Support non-academic needs, through the student support network district system, of all students in order to remove barriers that interfere with academic success.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate in K-12 Physical Education and Health.
- Valid state licensing to meet Highly Qualified requirements.