Lewis Elementary School is seeking an inspired Physical Education teacher to create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; and to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, the State of DE, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Must be Certified in Physical Education.
- Bilingual Preferred but not Required.