This full-time teacher will work with staff to deliver a K-8 Physical Education/Fitness program with an emphasis on instruction as outlined by the Colorado State Physical Education Standards. that meets or exceeds state standards and coordinate within staff, parents, and community to integrate and diversify instruction. The teacher will also coordinate with staff, parents, and the community to integrate and diversify instruction.
- Colorado Teaching License;
- Previous experience teaching P.E. in the K-8 environment
- Previous experience teaching at a charter school
- Demonstrated technology proficiencies in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet, Simple Webpage building, Electronic Gradebook, and Email;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team and create instructional units;
- Verifiable experience dealing with conflict resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate, collaborate, and execute a physical education/fitness program anchored in the Colorado State Standards, Paideia Principles, and other PSAS curriculum.
- Develop activities that support units of instruction including field trips, guest speakers, student exhibitions, cross-grade level or cross-curricular instruction, and community service including Empty Bowls and the Spring Play/Musical.
- The teacher will direct students toward behavior that fosters a positive learning environment for all learners.
- Support the policies and procedures for students, parents, and staff.
THE PUEBLO SCHOOL FOR ARTS AND SCIENCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYEE.