- Supports ISAAC’s Core Values and Beliefs About Learning and the Vision of the Graduate.
- Utilizes expertise in PE/Health to revise the curriculum to meet the level of rigor for all students in a cultural and diverse classroom.
- Instructs students through lessons that are engaging and motivates all students to succeed in physical education standards.
- Adapts PE/Health material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson plans that guide and challenge students.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with ISAAC’s instructional philosophy and congruent with the goals of the school.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Evaluates the academic and social growth of students, keeps accurate and appropriate school records, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Classroom teaching experience and proven record of high achievement with middle school students preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university; Master’s degree a plus.
- Certification: Valid CT PE/Health Certification.
ISAAC is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.