Responsibilities & Duties:
- Helps students attain an optimum level of physical education and fitness through regular bi-weekly PE classes compliant with state and national standards.
- Works with classroom teachers and nurses to provide standards-based health classes.
- Develops and builds the physical education program as the school’s needs grow. This includes researching and planning curriculum, equipment and other activities to support the school.
- Assess student performance and writes student report cards twice a year and keeps parents or staff informed throughout the year of any issues.
- Works collaboratively with classroom teachers and other staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Massachusetts certification or ability to pass required licensing tests within a year of hire
- Experience delivering physical education classes to middle and high school grade students
- Fluent in oral and written English.
Pioneer Valley Chinese Immersion Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.