To ensure that each student will think critically, communicate effectively, understand cultural heritage and diversity, respect human dignity and be responsible to self and community and become a contributing member of society.
- Appropriate PA teacher certification.
- BA required in appropriate major study, study of dance preferred but not required. Masters preferred but not required.
- Must be able to organize a classroom to deliver the School District of Lancaster Physical Education/Dance program.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with, instruct, and work with students, staff and parents.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find acceptable and appropriate.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of physical education core content.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the dance core content.
- Provide performing opportunities for students in physical education and dance.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Maintain good classroom organization, management and discipline.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student progress in order to provide instruction to ensure continuous student growth.
- Incorporate equipment and apparatus and use technology where possible to supplement instruction.
- Provide School District of Lancaster Physical Education Program for each student in conjunction with the goals of the Strategic Plan.
- Maintain student records including all required paperwork.