- Teaches students academic, social, and motor skills in public schools.
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Lectures, demonstrates, and uses audiovisual teaching aids and best practices to present subject matter to class.
- Prepares, administers, and corrects tests, and records results.
- Assigns lessons, corrects papers, and hears oral presentations
- Teaches behavioral expectations.
- Develops a behavioral plan and maintains order in classroom, on playground and throughout the campus.
- Counsels students when adjustment and academic problems arise.
- Discusses students' academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Masterful knowledge of curriculum and best practices.
- Highly developed presentation skills.
- Knowledge of effective staff development models that lead to the successful development of effective teachers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Considerable human relations and human development skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Good technical skills with technology and presentation tools.
- Ability to use common office machines and popular computer-driven word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs.