- Create a culture of learning in your classroom.
- Engage in data-driven planning and assessment of student learning.
- Establish a culture of respect and rapport with the students which supports the students’ emotional safety.
- Facilitate rigorous learning by delivering cognitively engaging lessons.
- Engage in critical reflection, constantly revising practice.
- Participate in a professional community across your school site and the community.
- Develop partnerships within the community by communicating with families, faculty and staff to support student learning and achievement.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (required) and be enrolled in a masters and/or teaching credential program.
- Have a growth mindset and love of learning.
- Have strong content knowledge, and the capacity to plan and deliver instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Have excellent collaborative and organizational skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a strong ethical base and self-awareness.
- Are dependable, humble, have a sense of humor and flexibility.